Arkana Laboratories is seeking a full-time laboratory technician. We are hiring for multiple shifts:
Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4:00pm
Monday – Friday 9:30am – 6:00pm
Tuesday – Saturday 8:00am – 4:30pm
We provide a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health Insurance premiums paid in full by the company for each full-time employee and their family
- Life Insurance policy premium paid by the company for each employee for a $50,000 benefit
- Long-Term Disability Insurance premium paid by the company for each employee
- Short-Term Disability coverage provided by the company
- Immediate vesting in the company 401(k) plan with an employer match up to 5% of salary
- Opportunity to purchase additional insurance such as dental, vision, etc.
- Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Care Account availability
- Six paid holidays during the calendar year
- Twenty days of PTO per annum for all new employees (prorated for partial first year)
- A day off for your birthday for the first full calendar year of employment
- A voluntary wellness program that includes lifestyle coaching and support
Bachelor’s degree in chemical, physical, and/or biologic sciences.
Completion of a NAACLS accredited Histology, Cytology, or Medical Technology program preferred but not required. We provide on the job training for those interested and will reimburse for the cost of testing for those who are eligible and pass.
Must be computer literate, able to stand for long periods, and work at a fast pace. Detail-oriented, punctual, a team player and efficient time management skills necessary.
One year of laboratory experience preferred but not required.
- Computer data entry
- Grossing and accessioning
- Processing and embedding
- Microtomy (paraffin, frozen and electron microscopy sections)
- Scoping on an electron microscope
- Preparation of solutions/reagents
- IHC and special stains
- Troubleshooting and machine maintenance
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.