ValenzaBio – Membranous Nephropathy
ValenzaBio has initiated an open-label Phase 1b/2a clinical trial of VB119 in primary MN patients with nephrotic-range proteinuria. This trial is a multi-center, open-label study to evaluate the safety, PK, and efficacy of VB119. Key assessments include serum anti-PLA2R antibodies and proteinuria.
Approximately 30 patients will be enrolled from 30 centers in the US and the UK.
If you are an MN patient or clinical investigator in the US or UK and are interested in learning more about our study, please click here or go to clinicaltrials.gov study identifier: NCT04652570
Key Inclusion Criteria:
1. Is ≥ 18 years of age at the time of informed consent;
2. Has a kidney biopsy-proven diagnosis of primary MN within the past 10 years; Note: It is preferable that subjects enrolled have kidney biopsy tissue samples that are positive for anti-PLA2R antibody staining. Subjects with kidney biopsy-proven diagnosis of primary MN >10 years and ≤20 years that meet all other eligibility criteria may be enrolled after discussion with the Medical Monitor.
3. Has proteinuria with a UPCR ≥3.5 g/g, based on 2 consecutive 24-hour urine sample collections obtained within 14 days of each other during the Screening Period. Both samples must qualify;
4. Has systolic blood pressure (BP) <160 mmHg or diastolic BP <100 mmHg after 5 minutes of rest at Screening;
5. Is willing and able to provide written informed consent prior to Screening;
6. Female subjects of non-childbearing potential must be either surgically sterile (hysterectomy, bilateral tubal ligation, salpingectomy, and/or bilateral oophorectomy at least 26 weeks before the Screening Visit) or postmenopausal, defined as spontaneous amenorrhea for at least 2 years, with follicle-stimulating hormone in the postmenopausal range at Screening, based on the central laboratory’s ranges;
7. Female subjects of childbearing potential (ie, ovulating, premenopausal, or not surgically sterile) and all male subjects must use a medically accepted, highly effective contraceptive regimen during their participation in the study and for 125 days after the last administration of study drug.
8. Male subjects must agree to abstain from sperm donation through 125 days after administration of the last dose of study drug.
Key Exclusion Criteria:
1. Has an eGFR <30 mL/min/1.73 m2 at Screening utilizing the Chronic Kidney Disease Epidemiology Collaboration formula confirmed by the central laboratory;
2. Has an absolute neutrophil count <1.5 x 10/L;
3. Has a white blood cell count <3.0 x 10/L;
4. Has secondary causes of MN (eg, malignancy, hepatitis B or C, human immunodeficiency virus [HIV], systemic lupus erythematosus [SLE], or other autoimmune diseases [eg, thyroiditis], drug-induced);
5. Has a diagnosis or history of SLE (including non renal disease);
6. Has type 1 diabetes mellitus;
7. Has an acute, chronic, or latent infection, including tuberculosis, hepatitis, HIV, or chronic urinary tract infections;
8. Is positive for SARS-CoV-2 testing at Screening;