March 19, 2020
Twitter Poll (March 18, 2020)
Membranous glomerulonephritis (MGN) is the most commonly described glomerular disease in IgG4-related disease. MGN was present in about 7% of cases of IgG4-related tubulointerstitial nephritis from two biopsy series studies.
Other specific glomerular diseases have been reported in patients with IgG4-related disease, including IgA nephropathy/Henoch Schönlein purpura nephritis, membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis (MPGN), and mesangioproliferative immune complex glomerulonephritis.
- Alexander MP, et al. Membranous glomerulonephritis is a manifestation of IgG4-related disease. Kidney Int 2013; 83:455-462.
- Saeki T, et al. Membranous nephropathy associated with IgG4-related systemic disease and without autoimmune pancreatitis. Clin Nephrol 2009; 71:173-178.
- Morimoto J, et al. Membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis-like glomerular disease and concurrent tubulointerstitial nephritis complicating IgG4-related autoimmune pancreatitis. Intern Med 2009; 48:157-162.
- Jindal N, et al. Membranous nephropathy: a rare renal manifestation of IgG4-related systemic disease. Clin Nephrol 2012; 77:321-328.
- Fervenza FC, et al. IgG4-related tubulointerstitial nephritis with membranous nephropathy. Am J Kidney Dis 2011; 58:320-324.