- 68-year-old woman with dysphagia, dysarthria, facial muscle weakness and rash
- Past medical history – breast cancer
- Medications –hydroxychloroquine and IVIG (at time of biopsy)
What is the process?
A. Dermatomyositis with treatment effect
B. Amyotrophic dermatomyositis
C. Anti-synthetase syndrome
D. MxA-related myopathy
Correct answer: A.Dermatomyositis with treatment effect
Dermatomyositis (DM) with treatment effect
- MHC class I and C5b-9 positivity support inflammatory myopathy
- CD3 + infiltrate suppressed by immunomodulatory therapy
- Perifascicular alkaline phosphatase and MxA (surrogate for interferon-β) positivity in myofibers in DM even w/o perifascicular atrophy
Quick note: This post is to be used for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical or health advice. Each person should consult their own doctor with respect to matters referenced. Arkana Laboratories assumes no liability for actions taken in reliance upon the information contained herein.